Connect with us

Sports

‘We will prevail’: Manchester City FC chief executive Ferran Soriano issues rallying cry to club staff after UEFA’s two-year Champions League ban

Published

on

Manchester City football club of England chief executive Ferran Soriano has reacted to the club’s two year UEFA Champions league ban by issuing a rallying cry to it’s club’s playing and non-playing staff.



On Friday, UEFA announced it had banned Man City from the champions league for the next two years plus a 25 million pounds fine for breaching Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules by inflating income and sponsorship figures. (If you missed the story read  HERE )

The ban could see many top earners like Raheem Sterling, Pep Guardiola and Bernardo Silva leave the club this summer as the club prepares to work with a lower budget that tallies with their income stream in compliance with UEFA rules.

Manchester City have promised to appeal the ruling with the court of arbitration for sport, sport’s highest court ruling body.



In a memo, obtained by Daily Mail, City told it’s staff in a mail that ‘it will prevail’ in it’s battle with UEFA. The memo also states that the Premier League champions ‘continue to reject’ the charges against them.

In the memo, Chief Executive Soriano says: ‘It is important to recognise that this is not the end. There is more to come. We are confident that with a fair and independent hearing we will prevail.’


Staff were also told not to post anything on social media.

‘This is just the start of a process, together with confidence City will ultimately succeed’
 

Man City will face Real Madrid in the first leg of their Champions League last-16 tie on Wednesday, February 26.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Enter your email to receive a weekly round-up of our best posts. Learn more!

Frederick Nuetei Nortey known professionally as Frederick Nortey is a Ghanaian Celebrity Blogger and publicist.He founded fredericknuetei.com an entertainment website and blog that primarily publishes news about Ghanaian Celebrities.

Advertisement

Sports

Isaac Dogboe clares rumors on suicide

Published

on

Ghanaian-British professional boxer, Isaac Dogboe has finally reacted to his suicide issues. 

In a new tweet sighted by fredericknuetei,com, the former WBO Champion explained that there is no way he is going to commit suicide as suspected and that his message had a deeper understanding. Earlier on he tweeted; “I wait for the day I take my final breath and bid farewell to the world and I hope when that day comes you won’t be sad”. 

In his new tweet he wrote: “Thank you all for your concerns..first and foremost I am not going to kill myself. My tweet has a deeper meaning to it than it’s construed to be…Nonetheless, I’m grateful for the show of Love. “THERE IS NOTHING THAT HEAVEN CANNOT HEAL Enjoy Your Day. #StillNeho#NEHO”, 

Post below: 

Source: fredericknuetei.com

Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Enter your email to receive a weekly round-up of our best posts. Learn more!
Continue Reading

Sports

“I wait for the day I take my final breath and bid farewell to the world” – Isaac Dogbe

Published

on

UK born Ghanaian boxer, Isaac Dogbe has made some comments on his twitter page  which has got people talking. 

In a tweet sighted by fredericknuetei.com, it seems Dogbe is going through something and wants to commit suicide. According to him, he is waiting for the day he’ll take his final breath and bid farewell to the world. 

He hopes when that day comes, people would would not be sad. “I wait for the day I take my final breath and bid farewell to the world 🙏🏾… and I hope when that day comes you won’t be sad ❤️❤️❤️”, he tweeted.

Source: fredericknuetei.com

Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Enter your email to receive a weekly round-up of our best posts. Learn more!
Continue Reading
Advertisement

Follow Me

FOR BUSINESS / PROMOTION

Frederick Nuetei Network Media
P.O.Box JT 9 James-Town, Accra
Tel:      +233 20 5542 403
Email: advertise@fredericknuetei.com
             info@fredericknuetei.com

Subscribe To Newsletter

Enter your email below to receive latest and trending news in Ghana.

Advertisement

Breaking News

Trending