Connect with us

Sports

Ghanaian playmaker Christian Atsu joins Al-Raed FC in Saudi Arabia from Newcastle United

Published

on

, Ghanaian playmaker Christian Atsu joins Al-Raed FC in Saudi Arabia from Newcastle United, Frederick Nuetei
, Ghanaian playmaker Christian Atsu joins Al-Raed FC in Saudi Arabia from Newcastle United, Frederick Nuetei

Ghanaian winger Christian Atsu has completed a 2-year deal with Suadi club Al Raed. 

Advertisements

Atsu tweeted to announce his pleasure at signing for the Buraidah side after after completing the move on Saturday, 17 July. “As-salamu alaykum to all @alraedclub fans! I thank the president of @alraedclub Mr. Fahd Al-Mutawa and everyone involved at the club. I am happy to be a player of this great club! For the fans I promise to give everything I am looking forward for this new chapter”. 

BREAKING NEWS:  Legendary goalkeeper, Iker Casillas announces he's running to become president of Spanish Football Federation

The 29-year old Atsu became a free agent after his contract with Newcastle expired thus making him available to sign for a club of his choice. He joined Chelsea in the summer of 2013 after a bright stint with Portuguese side FC Porto. While at Chelsea, Atsu had loan spells at Dutch club Vitesse Arnhem, English sides Everton and Bournemouth before Spanish outfit Malaga.

BREAKING NEWS:  'I am happy at the club contrary to some people who want to be in the news' - Mourinho fires back at Paul Merson after the ex Arsenal ace said that he was unhappy at Tottenham

Source: fredericknuetei.com

Click To Join Our Telegram Channel

Advertise on Fredericknuetei.com ..Send your Stories to Our WhatsApp: +233205542403


Frederick Nuetei Nortey known professionally as Frederick Nortey is a Ghanaian Celebrity Blogger and publicist.He founded fredericknuetei.com an entertainment website and blog that primarily publishes news about Ghanaian Celebrities.

Advertisement
Comments

Sports

Fabinho extends contract with Liverpool

Published

on

, Fabinho extends contract with Liverpool, Frederick Nuetei

Fabinho the Brazilian international who started playing for the reds just extended his contract at the pre-season camp Evian in France.

The 27 years old midfielder who has made 127 appearances for the Merseyside signed an undisclosed length of contract. A champions league, premier league and the fifa club world cup winner had this to say upon his contract extension: “I’m delighted to have signed a new contract with the club. “Since the beginning of the conversation, I was really positive about it because it’s what I wanted – staying in this club, keep playing for Liverpool.

Advertisements


“Now this is official and I’m really happy. These last three seasons I’ve been really happy here. I learned a lot with the manager, with all the staff, with the boys as well. “We achieved things together and for me I think it’s the best place to be, the best place to keep growing, to keep learning from the staff, from the boys. Hopefully we will keep achieving good things.”

BREAKING NEWS:  Ole Gunnar Solskjaer signs new contract with Manchester United

Click To Join Our Telegram Channel

Advertise on Fredericknuetei.com ..Send your Stories to Our WhatsApp: +233205542403


Continue Reading

Sports

Alex Telles to miss the start of Premier League

Published

on

, Alex Telles to miss the start of Premier League, Frederick Nuetei

Telles who moved to Old Trafford from Porto for £15 million ($21m) last October, and made 27 appearances across all competitions in his first season with the Red Devils is said to miss the first start of the premier league.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has revealed that Alex Telles will miss the start of Manchester United’s 2021-22 season due to an ankle injury that is “more severe than we hoped”.

Telles suffered a knock in training last week that forced him to the side lines at United’s 4-2 friendly defeat to Queens Park Rangers which the manager initially predicted not be serious.

However, the Norwegian boss, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has now confirmed that the defender is facing a far longer spell on the sidelines after being evaluated by the club’s medical staff.

Advertisements
, Alex Telles to miss the start of Premier League, Frederick Nuetei



QUESTIONS ANSWERED BY THE MANAGER:
What’s been said?
Luke Shaw is currently the Red Devils’ first-choice right-back, but Brandon Williams could now be asked to step in and provide cover in Telles’ absence.

“Unfortunately, it’s worse news on Alex Telles than we hoped for, his ankle injury is a little bit more severe than we hoped and he’ll be out for a little spell at least, the whole of August I would think,” Solskjaer told MUTV.

“That is football. We’ve got kids wanting to play of course. Brandon has done well in the left-back position.”

How many games could Telles miss?
Telles is now destined to be absent for United’s next three pre-season fixtures against Brentford, Preston and Everton before the new Premier League campaign kicks off on August 14.

Solskjaer’s side will open their schedule against Leeds United at Old Trafford, with away fixtures against Southampton and Wolves set to follow.

Telles won’t be available for those three outings, but could return to action in time for a home meeting with Newcastle on September 11 if his recovery goes smoothly.

BREAKING NEWS:  Christian Atsu speaks about his lovely wife and family

Click To Join Our Telegram Channel

Advertise on Fredericknuetei.com ..Send your Stories to Our WhatsApp: +233205542403


Continue Reading
Advertisement

Follow Me

FOR ADVERTS / PROMOTION

Frederick Nuetei Network Media
P.O.Box JT 9 James-Town, Accra
Tel:      +233 20 5542 403
Email: advertise@fredericknuetei.com
             info@fredericknuetei.com

Advertisement

Subscribe to Blog via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 309 other subscribers

Advertisement

Breaking News

Trending